The earliest record for an Agricultural Show on Tiree is 1877 when the 8th Duke of Argyll donated £20.*
The venue of these initial Shows is not known but by the beginning of the 20th century the Cattle Show, as it was known, was held in Scarinish. The Show then moved to the old Mart in Crossapol during the 1950s where it was held until 1989.
After a gap of several years, a group of enthusiasts got together again to run Tiree Show in July 1996 at Whitehouse Farm, Cornaigbeg, courtesy of Mr HA MacCallum.
With the opening of Tiree Rural Centre and the new Mart in August 2003, the Show relocated to the new facilities in July 2004.
*Milkit Four Times in the Day by Tiree & Coll Gaelic Partnership 2012